"Greek salad" English
Today Elenas is sharing with you the recipe for an authentic Greek salad - “Horiatiki” in greek. Greek salad serves as a main dish along with pita bread or as a side that goes perfectly well with any main course, such as the moussaka or the pastitsio.
No dinner is complete without a greek salad!
Preparation time: 10 min
Portions : 4 persons
- 350 gr cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- ½ onion, dry
- 1 tablespoon of the Mix for Greek salad
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- a handful of Greek olives
- 200 gr of Feta cheese “Dodoni”
- 8 tablespoons of Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 rusks / paximadi (optional)
Prepare a Greek salad within a few minutes following these simple 6 steps:
- Wash thoroughly all the vegetables and start cutting them into pieces.
Chop the cherry tomatoes in half and put them into a bowl.
Tip: Start with the rusks / paximadi, in case you wish to add them.
- Slice the cucumber into half-moon shapes and thinly slice the onion. Add them to the bowl.
Cut the green pepper into thin strips and add them to the bowl.
Add the mix for the Greek salad and the vinegar. Then, stir well.
Tip: Instead of vinegar, use the balsamic vinegar to add sweetness to your salad.
- Place the Feta cheese on the top (crumbled or cut into small bites), the olives and spread the olive oil.
Kali oreksi/ Enjoy!